It’s that time again.
So years ago I did the 100:10:1 thing, partly because a friend of mine was also doing it.
It didn’t go the best, but was still pretty good for learning.
Anyway, that same friend posted a different method of choosing projects in one of his regular posts. So of course I’m doing that now * :)
* by now, I actually mean I started this a while back, I’m just getting around to posting about it now.
So what’s the deal?
Here’s a link to the article explaining it. Scroll down till you see STEP 1: for the explanation.
But the short description is - list the 25 most important things for you right now. In this case, the 25 projects I’m most interested in doing.
Then you pick 5 of them that are even more important or interesting than the rest.
Finally, and most importantly, you don’t do the other 20. They’re a distraction from the main 5.
So what are the ideas?
The 25 ideas I came up with are (okay 27 ideas, I’m still bad at counting)
Websites - 12
- a list of golang conferences
- youtube, vimeo, etc playlist maker
- budget app / funds dashboard
- friend dashboard
- portfolio website
- physical email - send emails via snail mail
- site that will text you at a specific time
- get coffee with me webapp
- draw a thing a day
- photo management site
- github clone
- 100:10:1 or 25:5 webapp
APIs - 5
- letter api - it just returns a single letter to you
- arbitrary json api for testing
- developer journal syncing program
- random junk data site
- ifttt clone
Bots - 2
- bott pilgrim - a twitter bot that quotes Scott Pligrim
- dogetip bot - this was more intriguing before the cryptocurrency price explosion, but could still be interesting
Technical learning - 4
- https.quine.space - https written in Go
- merkle tree library
- simple lisp in go
- dogemail - paying dogecoin to send emails
Opsy things - 4
- ngrok clone
- kubernetes rpi cluster
- redis hosting site
- self hosted email
So which ones?
So far I’m really solid on 4 of them that I’ll pick (I’ve actually completed 2 already), but I’m still determining the 5th. I’ll let you know next post which one’s I’m going with.