And then there were 10
Previously, I started the 100:10:1 method for choosing projects. Now it’s time to choose 10 and start prototyping.
The idea is to get these 10 prototypes done in 6 months. That’s a prototype completion every 18.26 days. To help me keep on track, @icco and I are going to have weekly checkins (it might help him too, who knows).
So here are the 10 I’ve chosen:
- dogetipbot for zulip or maybe slack
- scott pilgrim vs the world twitter bot
- a photo management website
- a dota2 api collector / analyzer site
- a redis hosting website
- a twitter snowflake clone for random strings
- b2 api library (backblaze)
- a reverse terminal for presentations
- (website) an artisinal http response website
- noli (lisp with no parens)
I may implement some of the smaller and easier ideas (e.g. letter api) for fun, but that won’t specifically be a part of this project.
There were also a couple of ideas that were REALLY close to making the short list, but in the end they were either too complicated or too related to another idea to make it. I may make these in the future, but for now I’ll do related things to learn the pieces I don’t yet know.
- dogemail (email where you have to pay doge to the recipient to reduce spam)
- three factor authentication
- a sneeze tracking website (I sneeze so much this would have complicated scalability issues)
- exif data inserter